BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well.. Here we go

Okay, so I'm new at this whole blogging thing, but you gotta start somewhere. I'm not promising this blog will be entertaining or enlightening, but you're reading it so it can't be THAT bad so far.. I was reading kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com during theatre (because what else are you gonna do in theatre?) and I was just inspired to start one of these things myself. Her most recent entry (if that's what you call it, I'm new at this remember?) was about an old African woman who had been through some horrible horrible stuff. She had just buried her last son, and she was sick, but still she was caring for others. These are things I can't imagine going through. After going through all of these ridiculously difficult trials, she just says “What ever He wants." That kind of strength and faith is astounding to me. I certainly don't think I would act with the same grace and perspective. Actually I know I wouldn't act that way. I've had a tough past 2 weeks filled with lots of tears and giving up of so many of my "perfect plans" for life. The Lord asked for me to give up something very important and for a few days, I just felt sorry for myself... But then I realized that's just pathetic. God didn't ask us to be tough and not cry, but He also never promised life would be easy. Although we shouldn't have to be miserable to seek the Lord, it definitely makes you turn to Him when you're really at the end of your rope. One thing I've learned so far is that our God is a jealous God. He doesn't say "I want all of you, but you can keep that one thing you really want." No, He wants all of our heart. He specifically says we should have no other gods before Him. These "gods" can be in the form of a person, or of a plan, or of success, goals, and so much more. Fundamentally good things can weasel their way into being number one in our hearts without us even noticing it. I'm learning to evaluate my heart and see where I put my true worth and treasure. My favorite verse is Matthew 6:21 "Where the treasure is, there the heart will be also." Well, that's all I've got for now. I hope it can be some encouragement for someone out there.

0 comments: