BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Friday, March 11, 2011

infinite yet intimate

So I'm sure most of you have heard about the devastating earthquake and tsunamis in Japan and maybe in other Pacific areas. It's awful awful stuff. The statistics and numbers are completely overwhelming. I heard about the earthquake like any normal uninformed college student- twitter. So many people across the globe at least said they were praying for Japan. Of course as selfish as I am, I read about all of this chaos while I was thinking about my own issues that in comparison seem SO insignificant. I know where all my relatives are. My house isn't flooded. My way of life hasn't been completely altered. Sure the past few weeks have been less than ideal, but it's nothing compared to what these people are going through. I started thinking, how could God care about me individually and my own selfish issues when they are millions of people hurting across the world? There are so many bigger problems out there. The answer is that He is God and I am not. Thank goodness. I get stressed trying to pick out which kind of cereal I want for breakfast. He isn't overwhelmed or surprised in the least about any of these so-called natural disasters. He is sovereign and big- infinitely big. He is above time, space, and dimensions, but here's the catch. He still cares about each of us individually. He has an intimate relationship with His children. Infinite yet intimate. Who else can say that? just sayin...

p.s. ITS SPRING BREAK! AMPLIFY TOMORROW!! WHOOP WHOOP YEEAAAAHHH YEAH YEAH.

0 comments: